- When using Sberbank Online
- When using ATMs and payment terminals
- While using mobile application
- While using SMS Banking
- While using bank cards
- Protection from SMS/text and Email Fraud
- Precautions for Loan Repayment
- Phone Conversations On Sberbank Products and Services
- Do you want to stop fraudsters from tricking people out of their money online?
- Sberbank Online reminds you: Beware of fraudsters!
Information security measures when using Sberbank Online
- Do not enter your password to cancel or abort operations. Passwords for cancellation or abortion of operations can be requested only by the fraudsters. Sberbank employees will never call customers and ask to cancel/abort operations.
- Do not enter your phone number, passport number, and other details when confirming operations or entering Sberbank Online.
- Carefully read SMS, always check the transaction details. If you received a message about an operation that you did not do, do not enter a password under any circumstances. Sberbank employees will never call customers and ask to cancel/abort operations.
Safety precautions when using ATMs and payment terminals
- In step with the PIN input is always cover the keypad, for example, with his free hand. It will not allow fraudsters to see your PIN or record it on video.
- Locks access the cards in a special room, where ATMs are installed should not require the entry of a PIN.
- Before conducting the operation in the ATM, inspect the surface of the PIN keyboard and a device for receiving cards in the ATM. In these places should not be attached objects or advertising leafletsRead more about safety measures when working with ATMs and payment terminals
Security Measures for Sberbank Online Mobile Application
- Use only official Bank applications available in the App Store, Google Play and Windows Store. Make sure SB Sberbank JSC is specified as the developer.
- Do not crack your phone (e.g., via Jailbreaking) as such action disables protection mechanisms installed by the mobile platform manufacturer. As a result, your phone becomes vulnerable to software viruses.
- Do not use your mobile phone to access the full version of online banking, as there are other applications specifically designed by the bank for this purpose.
Security measures for SMS Banking
- If you lose your mobile phone (device) with the SMS Banking service installed or Mobile Bank service enabled, immediately contact your mobile operator to lock the SIM card and the Bank's Contact Centre to suspend the SMS Bank service and/or Sberbank Online.
- If you change your telephone number with Mobile Bank enabled, you have to contact any office of the Bank and submit an application for disabling the Mobile Bank service.
- Install anti-virus software on your phone and update it regularly. For the Android platform, we recommend such free applications as DrWeb for Android Light (available for download from Google Play) and Kaspersky Internet Security for Android (trial version available on the company's website and also will be available for download from Google Play).
Security Measures for Bank Cards
- To avoid the possibility of others using your card, keep your PIN code separately from the card, do not write the PIN code on the card, do not communicate the PIN code to others (including your relatives), and do not enter the PIN code when using the Internet.
- Never give any details of your card if you are called by phone, even if the caller say they are representatives of a well-known retail company, bank, hotel, etc. Such a call may result in unauthorized operations with your card account.
- Do not follow the advice of third parties and do not accept their assistance when making transactions. If necessary, approach the employees of the branch of the bank or call the telephone numbers indicated on the device or on the back of your card.
- If you are contacted by telephone, in the Internet, through social networks or in other way, and, under any pretext, the caller is trying to find out the details of your bank card, your passwords or other personal information, Be careful! These are, clearly, the signs of fraud. If you have any doubts, we recommend you to stop the conversation and call the bank by the phone number set out on the back of your bank card.
Protection from SMS/text and Email Fraud
- A message on behalf of Sberbank always includes the last figures of the holder's card number. If it is necessary that you contact the Bank by phone, text messages from the Bank suggest calling the Contact Center by the telephones specified on the customer's bank card, not in the text message itself.
- Sberbank card-related text messages are sent from a short 2558 number (for some regions, they may be sent from SBERBANK number). The official phone numbers of the Contact Centre 8-8000-80-60-60 and 5030 are used only for incoming calls to the bank. No text messages are sent from these numbers.
- In case of any doubt or concern raised over a text message you may have received, please call the Contact Centre of Sberbank immediately using its official phone numbers specified on the back of the Sberbank card or on the Sberbank website (www.sberbank.kz)
- To offer protection to customers against SMS fraud/Spam messages, large cellular carriers have designated special numbers, which are posed on their official websites, for the receipt of information from subscribers about text messages of fraudulent nature or Spam messages that they received. Based on the messages received, the mobile operator can undertake all conceivable precautions to preclude the circulation of unauthorized text messages.
Precautions for Loan Repayment
- SB Sberbank JSC would like to inform you about the activities of a number of companies who claim to assume obligations to repay loans received by the customers of the banks (consumer loans, car loans, mortgages).
- These organisations agree for a fee (usually determined as a percentage of the received loan) to repay for the person who obtained the bank loan (borrower) the outstanding balance under the loan agreement. Such organisations have no liability to repay the loan and can stop such repayment at any time. In the event of any overdue debt under the loan, all claims to return it and pay the penalties will be brought by the banks against the borrower.
- SB Sberbank JSC urges you to exercise caution and does not recommend that you cooperate with such organisations because, instead of receiving questionable benefits, you may incur financial and property losses, and also cause your credit history to deteriorate.
Security Measures regarding Phone Conversations On Sberbank Products and Services
- When calling the customer, the employee of Sberbank always addresses him/her by first name and patronymic;
- The employees of Sberbank never call customers to ask for their confidential data;
- If you are contacted by telephone, in the Internet, through social networks or in other way, and, under any pretext, the caller is trying to find out the details of your bank card, your passwords or other personal information, Be Careful: these are, clearly, the signs of fraud. If you have any doubts, we recommend you to stop the conversation and call the bank by the phone number set out on the back of your bank card.
- Please note that only the numbers listed below, which will be recognized by your telephone, can be used for calls from contact centers in connection with offers of the Bank's products and services:
+7 (727) 321-12-11, +7 (778) 754-30-01, +7 (727) 321-23-40, +7 (727) 321-21-01, +7 (778) 754-30-05.
Do you want to stop fraudsters from tricking people out of their money online?
Participate in Sberbank's social campaign "Sberbank Against Fraudsters".
The fraudulent activities involving unlawful use of Sberbank's name in the Internet have recently gained immense proportions. Last month alone, we identified more than 50 websites that offer to conduct financial transactions, allegedly, under the brand of the country's most reliable bank. To combat the fraudsters, we have created a special section on our website. Now we'll know who these fraudsters are!
If you find a suspicious website with dubious financial offers, where fraudsters are hiding under the brand of Sberbank, and therefore, unlawfully and illegally using it, and most importantly, misleading consumers, write to us at email@example.com. And please specify the address of the website: we will include it in the list of fraudulent websites and, thus, help to protect many people from being deceived.
Please let us know about an error you spotted.
If you detect vulnerability in one of the public online services of the Bank:
- If you detect vulnerability in one of the public online services of the Bank:
- Sberbank Business Online
- Sberbank's website (www.sberbank.kz)
- Widgets in social networks
- Other services at sberbank.kz domen
You can report such issues to us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sberbank Online reminds you: Beware of fraudsters!
Beware of fraudsters!
SB Sberbank JSC informs you about increased numbers of fraudulent acts against customers of commercial banks who manage their accounts online through remote banking systems.
As a rule, fraudulent schemes work as follows. Fraudsters distribute virus software via various Internet resources, ranging from social networks to usual news websites. When the client whose computer is infected with a virus tries to enter his/her personal account, they are redirected to phishing websites which look almost the same as the real Internet banking websites.