Custodian is a professional participant of securities market carrying out the accounting of financial instruments and money of clients and confirmation of rights on it, storage of documentary financial instruments of clients with assumptions of obligations for their safety and other activity according to legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The objects of custody activity are the money and financial instruments transferred to custodian by a client according to the custody service contract.
The custodian implements the following functions:
- opening of accounts to a client concerning money, issue securities and other financial instruments transferred to custody service;
- providing the accounting of money, issue securities and other financial instruments transferred to custody service;
- execution of a nominal holding;
- performance of functions of a payment agent on transactions with the issue securities and other financial instruments transferred to custody service;
- registration of transactions with issue securities of a client and confirmation of its rights on these securities;
- obtaining the income on the issue securities and other financial instruments transferred to custody service, and crediting it to the client’s account;
- transfer of information to a client at the request of an issuer;
- providing to a client other services provided by the custody service contract;
- storage of the documentary securities and other financial instruments issued in a documentary form.
On January, 2013, the license of authorized body for carrying out bank and other operations and performing an activity in securities market No. 1.2.199/93/31 with inclusion of custody activity in securities market has been obtained.
The Bank renders a full range of custody services to legal entities and individuals and offers a flexible system of tariff regulation. It is possible to get acquainted with tariffs for operational and custody service according to the reference.
On January 19, 2016, Fitch Rating has assigned to the Bank the BB+ long-term credit rating on the international scale, AA-(kaz) on the national scale that conforms to the requirements of current legislation and allows the Bank to act as custodian for the organizations, which are performing activities for management of an investment portfolio, companies and banks having licenses for implementation of broker and (or) dealer activity.
Existence of accounts in State Street Bank Gmbh international depositary in combination with MyStatestreet remote access terminal allows us to have direct access to the international trading platforms, calculate the international transactions during T+0, control the status of operations, balances and movements on accounts, form statements in real time.